Our radius Back Glass Clamps are suitable for both 10mm glass and 12mm glass. They are designed to be fixed to 42.4mm and 48.3mm diameter steel tubes. They are made from Grade 304 stainless steel and Grade 316 stainless steel with either Satin Finish or Mirror Finish. Grade 304 stainless glass clamps are suitable for indoor use whilst Grade 316 glass clamps are recommended for outdoor usage.
We also stock Zamac (zinc alloy) Radius Back Glass Clamps. These are supplied self colour ready for powdercoating to your custom colour. Please note that there can be problems powdercoating this type of product. When the Glass Clamp is heated, gases can be released from the zinc alloy causing defects on the surface of the Glass Clamp. We are told that this problem is much reduced when powdercoating our product. If/when powdercoating this issue can be resolved by running at lower curing temperatures or by preheating the glass clamps.
It is always best to use Grade 316 stainless steel, mirror polished, by the sea. It is not advised to use satin polished stainless steel in marine applications due to the enlarged surface area when compared to bright polished finishes. Each Glass Clamps come complete with two rubbers one security pin.
It is advised to use the security pin in safety critical applications. These Glass Clamps are fixed using M8 x 12mm Socket Set Screws. Please see Part No SHCM8x12A4 which is not supplied with the Glass Clamp.
- Radiused Back Glass Clamps
- For Fixing to 42.4mm Diameter and 48.3mm Diameter Balusters
- Bright Polished 304 Stainless Steel for Indoors
- Satin Polished 304 Stainless Steel for Indoors
- Bright Polished 316 Stainless Steel for Marine Locations
- Satin Polished 316 Stainless Steel for Outdoors
- Zamac (Zinc Alloy) for Powdercoating
- Complete with Rubbers and Security Pin
- To Optionally Fix 10mm Glass and 12mm Glass
- Fix Using SHCM8x16A4